Friday, June 17, 2011

Song composed in memory of donor son

Stacey Davis of Monticello, Arkansas sent me this touching story and a link to a video they posted on You Tube. I am pleased to share it with my readers.

"I wrote this song and put this video together in memory of my 26 year old son. He was a police officer and left behind "angel wings" on October 4, 2006. This song is my story ---

View video Angel Wings

"My son was the police officer in the video. He was a tissue donor and we were told there were several recipients. In the video, there are also a couple of pictures of a friend of mine who lost both her sons within a short period of time. They were about my son's age. They were donors. The picture on the video of the woman listening to the man's heart with a stethoscope is my friend and the recipient of her son's heart. She has the stethoscope to the recipient's chest listening to her son's heart!. In one of the pictures, she is sitting with several people and there is a young child in the front who received her son's kidney. I wrote this song several months ago but it took me awhile to decide to share it because it is so personal. I posted it on Facebook just to share with my family and friends and got such an overwhelming response, I decided to send it to you. Maybe it will comfort and bless someone else.
Stacey Davis."

“You Have the Power to Save Lives – Register to be an organ and tissue donor & Tell Your Loved Ones of Your Decision”
Register to be a donor in Ontario at beadonor.ca
For other Canadian provinces click here
In the United States, be sure to find out how to register in your state at organdonor.gov (Go to top right to select your state)
In Great Britain, register at NHS Organ Donor Register
In Australia, register at Australian Organ Donor Register
Your generosity can save or enhance the lives of up to fifty people with heart, kidneys, liver, lungs, pancreas and small intestine transplants (see allotransplantation). One tissue donor can help by donating skin, corneas, bone, tendon, ligaments and heart valves

Has your life been saved by an organ transplant? "Pay it forward" and help spread the word about the need for organ donation - In the U.S. another person is added to the national transplant waiting list every 11 minutes and 18 people die each day waiting for an organ or tissue transplant. Organs can save lives, corneas renew vision, and tissue may help to restore someone's ability to walk, run or move freely without pain. Life Begins with You

No comments: