Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A walk in the woods

With temperatures at 59F/15C it was a beautiful day in Southwestern Ontario for a walk in the woods and experience nature coming to life. I walked along the Mill Race Trail in St. Jacobs and in a short hike of about three or four miles saw chickadees, cardinals, cedar wax wings, downey woodpeckers, Canada Geese, mallard ducks, juncos and a variety of sparrows. And sadly, one very dead rabbit.

Along the way I rested on a bench and let the warm sun stream onto my face, enjoying the day and thanking the powers that be for giving me that second chance at life with a single-lung transplant. This "gift of life" allowed me to be where I was at that moment and since my life has been saved days like this give me a deeper sense and appreciation of nature. It's great to be alive!


“You Have the Power to Save Lives – Sign Your Donor Card & Tell Your Loved Ones of Your Decision”

Click Here to Obtain a Donor Card

No comments: