Friday, June 02, 2006

Monica Henry 1948 - 2006


It is with great sadness we announce the passing of Monica Henry this past Sunday, May 28th. Monica received a double-lung transplant January 2, 2002. Please join me in expressing our deepest sympathy and condolences to Monica’s family and friends. Monica’s obituary follows with funeral arrangements and times. This photo of Monica was taken at the lung transplant Christmas Party in 2003.

My special thanks to all who notified me of Monica’s passing and sent the following information. Merv.

Obituary

HENRY, Monica Adina (nee Fraser). Surrounded by her close friends and family, Monica Adina Henry peacefully ascended to be with her Lord, on May 28, 2006, after a courageous battle. Devoted daughter of Dorothy Galloway ''Miss May''. Loving mother of Cheryl and Shurnette. Sister of Boysie ''Junior'', Hyacinth, Lloyd and other siblings, nieces and nephews. The family wishes to thank all who helped in her care during her illness. Monica will be lovingly remembered by her family and a host of friends. Family and friends will be received at Thistletown Baptist Church, 2534 Kipling Avenue, Etobicoke on Saturday, June 3, 2006 from 10:30 a.m. until time of funeral service at 11 a.m. Interment Brampton Memorial Gardens. You are invited to sign Monica's Book of Condolences on-line at Scott Funeral Home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Merv, I thank you for informing us of Monica's passing. I had the priviledge of meeting her and Karen at the rehabilitation hospital in Toronto a year and a half ago. An aquaintance of a friend of mine was there and I knew they were both patients there through you, so I made sure I introduced myself to them...what beautiful ladies and hearts of gold! We will be in the States this weekend or I would have gone to the funeral. I wonder if you could send my condolences to Karen Murray (Monica's lung-transplant friend) and to Monica's family....I'm so sorry!
Debbie Blagojevic (donor mom)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Merv, for always keeping us posted. My heart breaks to hear of the loss of a recipient. I pray that Monica's soul rest in peace. Amen.

Anonymous said...

I remember Monica well.I got my Lungs in 2001 and knew her when she got hers.We Send Our sincerest condolences to her family.Dennis (Alexander) Jessome and Wife Robina.

Anonymous said...

Merv,
Lynne and I attended Monica Henry's funeral service today. The church was filled to capacity including the balcony. We both said on the way home that it was one of the happiest celebrations of one's life that we have ever attended. Where most services are sombre, this was truly a happy celebration of Monica's Life.

Judging from the size of the group that came out on this rainy Saturday morning, Monica was very much loved and very well respected among her peers.

Monica's two daughters were incredible; one sang a song in tribute to her Mom, the other delivered a eulogy that had everyone in tears.

The service was 1 hour and 20 minutes long and I am sure Monica was watching over and could never have been more proud of her two daughters.

It truly was a magical tribute to such a beautiful person.

Peter & Lynne Laurence